Shirley Miller Scholarship Award
This award is offered by the Webster Community Chest to a graduating high school student who has been active in community service. The scholarship is given in memory of Shirley Miller, the Community Chest’s Benefits Counselor for 24 years.
The Webster Community Chest was established to benefit only residents who live within the 14580 zip code; therefore, applicants must reside in 14580.
The applicant should have achieved the following:
- Good academic standing
- Significant volunteer service in the community
- Exhibited sensitivity to people and their needs
- Complete this application.
- Of particular importance to your application is a list of all volunteer community service activities. Briefly describe your service activities and include the approximate dates of service.
- Attach a minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation from people who supervised your volunteer activities.
- Include your high school transcript.
Send application to:
Webster Community Chest
1000 Ridge Road
Webster, NY 14580
2021 Scholarship Award Winners (Left to right, top and bottom)
Jason Lisciandro, Jonathan Sullo from Webster Schroeder.
Amy Cawley, Maya Dickson, Jonathan Reeve, Brynn Smith from Webster Thomas.
2020 Scholarship Award Winners (Left to right, top and bottom)
Sophia Braithwaite and Jonathan Braithwaite from Webster Thomas.
Ian Avery from Webster Thomas.
Megan Mueller from Webster Schroeder.
2019 Scholarship Award Winners –
Rebecca Barnes and Jack Bickford from Webster Thomas.
Cecelia and Mackenzie Carney from Webster Schroeder (not pictured).